9.07.2010

search for the best night eye cream continues ...

Yesterday I pumped my last pump of my eye cream - Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment. It lasted me about 5-6 months of almost continuous use. What I usually do when I finish a product in a container like that is open it up to try to get the rest of it . . . because I'm cheap and it saves money ok? But really, you get more for your money. So today I opened up the bottle to scoop out the rest of the product into a empty, clean eyecream jar. There wasn't much left, so I guess the pump works pretty well on it. BUT then I stick my (clean, cotton-less) Q-tip end into the bottle and realized it only went about a 3rd of the way down! The packaging is pretty deceiving . . . oh well, lesson learned. Next time read the labels and notice there's only 0.5 oz!

I like it enough to maybe buy it again if I can't find another eye treatment to try. I don't have dark circles so I can't speak on that but I do get major puffiness sometimes & dry spots and I think it does help improve that. But that also has a lot to do with getting enough sleep and drinking lots of water, both of which I need to be better about. I use this at night and sometimes during the day when I feel like my eyes need a bit more moisture or if they're feeling extra puffy . . it works just fine under make-up since it's not greasy and sinks into the skin quickly. Moisturizing. Smells nice, herbal-y. Packaging is sanitary & spill-proof.

For my next eye cream, I might try The Body Shop's Wise Woman Eye Cream. Check out the reviews on makeupalley. Or Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (reviews here). Hmmmm.

deets:
Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment - $38 for 0.5 oz (oh my)
The Body Shop's Wise Woman Eye Cream - $36 for 1.7 oz
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - $25.50 for 0.5 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment