12.13.2010

nail polish haul - colors i'm loving for winter 2010 :)

I hit up the best nail polish store ever again this Sunday and picked up a couple of new colors. When my sister gets into town this week I have a feeling she'll be stealing some of my colors, so I'm convincing myself it's okay that I'm stocking up!

I didn't have anything in mind except for You Don't Know Jacques, so everything else was an impulsive buy.. much more fun that way!

opi - you don't know jacques

From Essie's Winter 2010 collection, I got Smokin' Hot.  I was interested in the Hot Coco color too, but I think brownish taupey colors look kind of weird on my skin (sad, because I really love OPI's Over The Taupe).

essie - smokin' hot

From Zoya's Wicked collection (I think Fall 2010), I got Edyta. Sooo pretty.. I've been into all types of greens lately.. Essie's Sew Psyched, and OPI's Glow Up Already from the Burlesque collection (so pretty, but such a pain to take off).

zoya - edyta

opi - glow up already

Also picked up Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees from OPI's Espana Collection for my friend who wanted something like Zoya's Kelly.. Kelly was out but I thought SSitP was kind of close.  It seems to be bit darker and a little shimmery.  Hope she likes it!

opi - suzi skis in the pyrenees
zoya - kelly
my photos: 

smokin hot - edyta - you don't know jacques (with flash)
more photos!



same as above - no flash
suzi skis in the pyrenees - kelly - smokin' hot (with flash)
Oops, Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees looks pretty different from Kelly here.  I've seen them compared to each other though, on a blog, and on the nails it doesn't look too different. 

As you can probably tell I've been really loving dark colors lately.  I'm super pale.. so I think that's why it looks good on me.  The contrast perhaps.

By the way, there's an OPI app for the iPhone - it's pretty cool!  You can scroll through all their colors (even the ones in new collections) and adjust the skin tone of the hand on the screen to match your own. 

deets:
-Zoya retails for $7, OPI around $8-9?, Essie for $8 ... or if you're lucky, find an awesomeee nail supply store near you that carries it for much less ... like $4-5 each! :)
-OPI iPhone app, free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment