2.20.2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

So last night while at the drug store picking out new shampoo/conditioner, I decided to finally get these nail polish strips by Sally Hansen.  I've been eyeing them for awhile and decided on the pattern you see below, top row, third from left.  It took me awhile to get the hang of applying but once I figured it out after 4-5 nails or so it went fairly quickly.  I think I could probably apply these next time in 10-15 minutes.  I didn't realize until I was almost finished but you can use one strip for two nails  as the strips are pretty long.

So you get 16 strips in varying sizes... no cutting or shaping needed, and you have extra in case you mess up or want to touch up.  It was a lot easier to apply than I had thought!  Just make sure your cuticles are nice and clean, so you can get a nice clean even edge to line up the strips against.  Stick on the strips carefully, push down, smooth it out, make sure the edges are secure.  Then they tell you to fold the strip over the edge of the nail and file off the excess - I tried this but found that I had a much cleaner removal when I just pulled the strip gently but tightly over the edge of my nail and my nail itself would cut the edge perfectly.  


LOOOVE it.  I'm very happy with how they turned out.  Can't wait to try the other designs... I'm thinking lace next, or the leopard print.  Or maybe the flowers for spring.  So cute!

deets: 
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips - drugstores about $10 for 16 strips

No comments:

Post a Comment