10.09.2010

New eyeliner + some old favorites

Hello beautiful people! Let's talk about eyeliners since I just got a new one today: Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner (in Black -- there was a Blackest Black and Brownish Black also). I remember hearing about this eyeliner last summer and wanted to try it back then but never got around to it. I saw this for $5 and thought I'd give it a shot, especially since I was recently contemplating purchasing the MAC Pen Ultimate Eyeliner, which seems to be pretty similar as far as the applicator brush.



As you can see, it's very black, and this isn't even the "Blackest Black" color. It definitely gives a different look than my other eyeliners. I'll use it when I want a very clean, precise line, or a very thin line versus when I'm going for a more smokey or natural look.

One eyeliner that I love to use, when I have the time and patience for it, is MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack. It also gives a very black black.. I've had it for a long time, and once accidentally left it open for several hours! :( So it's a bit dried out, but luckily it didn't dry out completely and I'm still able to use it. It's probably not as fluid-y as before, but still awesome.

I also have fluidline in Macroviolet, which is a violet with red pearl. It's really pretty... and I kind of forgot about it until now. Maybe I'll use it tomorrow :)

MAC fluidline jar



fluidline in Blacktrack
fluidline in Macroviolet

One eyeliner I always recommend to my friends, especially those who don't wear make-up often or don't want to spend a lot of time applying it, is Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. The 24/7 is really soft and pigmented so you're not pressing down hard on your eyelid, or dragging it to get a dark line. The staying power is amazing, & it never creases or smears for me. I think it's easier to use than Fluidline, since with Fluidline you have to use a brush. It's also safe to use on your waterline.



line stiletto in 'black', fluidline in 'blacktrack', 24/7 glide-on in 'zero', fluidline in 'macroviolet'

Love them all. Eyeliner = bra for the eyes. 

deets:
Maybelline Line Stiletto - varies, but probably $5-7 for .05 oz, in drugstores
MAC Fluidline - $15 for 0.1 oz
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - $17 for .04 oz

2 comments:

  1. love penultimate and fluidline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you could go blacker than blacktrack. does it stay long? flake? smudge??? i wanna try it out...

    ReplyDelete