10.19.2010

Lush Ocean Salt


I picked up Lush's Ocean Salt on a whim while at the mall using my Gap gift certificate. Lush was right across the way... I couldn't help it! Anyway, I had heard of the product before, last summer when I was really obsessed with watching beauty videos on YouTube, but had no intentions of really purchasing it or anything else in the store that day.

Until... one of the lovely workers there approached me and asked if I needed help. I told her about my smelly Buffy bar and she gave me a rundown of the different scrubs that Lush carries, and ended up doing a "demo" with the Ocean Salt on my hand. It felt amaaaaaazing - I love really rough scrubs - and my hand was really soft afterwards. I was pretty much sold on that alone.






I wish I had taken a picture of it before I started mixing, because it looks so cool!

When you open it up, there's a blue layer of the exfoliating sea salt pieces sitting on top of the layer of white..everything else. You mix it up and it becomes what you see here:



I've tried it on my face and body and so far have gotten great results without negative effects. Since the pieces are quite rough, you don't have to (and shouldn't) use a lot of force with it.


You really don't need that much per one use on the face, probably about this much:


Smells good, as is the case with most Lush products I've encountered.

Expiration date is on the back so you know when to throw it out:


I recommend using this once a week on the face, up to twice a week on your body, especially your elbows/knees. Try it on your hands too -- that's my faaaavorite.


Anyone ever tried this before? Any other scrub recommendations?

New post layout = bigger pictures = better?

deets:
$19.95 for 4.2 oz -or- $34.95 for 8.8 oz at Lush stores and lush.com

No comments:

Post a Comment